- Faith. It doesn't come easy to some, and I'm thankful that's not my burden. My faith has helped me through some pretty hard times, and I don't know where I'd be without it.
- Health. I can't remember the last time I was really, really sick.
- A good husband who loves me despite my many shortcomings, and encourages me to be better without nagging.
- Happy children who really do try to do what's right..
- Good friends that I don't thank often enough for being good friends. Thank you!
- Extended family that are always there when we need them, and are counted as good friends. (See previous!)
- Our home--it seems a little small at times, but it provides a refuge from the world and it's filled with love and that's what counts.
- Freedom. Even with all the outrageous stuff happening in our country, we still live in the most amazing place in the world. I hope we can keep it that way.
- Good books. The Scriptures, classics, biographies, sci-fi, children's literature--there are sooooo many good stories in which to immerse myself and my family that we can learn and grow from.
- Good music. When I need a kick to get going, there's music for that. And when I need to calm down, there's something for that, too. Or, when I just feel like dancing. . .well, you get the idea.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Count Your Many Blessings
So things get crazy, and sometimes I forget to stop and breathe and remember how blessed I really am. Life is too short to hurry through it, even when things don't seem to be going the way I think they should! So, here's my top ten list of blessings. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I just felt the need to put it in black and white, so here they are in no particular order:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you for sharing that! I think all too often I get so caught up in life that I forget all that is good! Love you!
Absolutely beautiful! A well written reminder of what is really important. Thank you for sharing that!
Love, Tif
I think we all need to remind ourselves of our blessing! thanks for sharing!
I enjoyed reading your list of blessings. There is a tiny error in there though, where it says "my many shortcomings". The fact that you think you have many shortcomings is proof to me that you are truly humble! You are amazing, Staci! We love you and your family so much!!
Post a Comment