Noah's favorite place to dine alfresco. . .
Minnie had surgery after a cat fight left her with a huge abscess. . .
One of our pet rats, Oreo, died in an accident last week. . .we miss her. . .
Brooke is writing a blog to try to win $1,000 for college. . check it out here. . she's also enjoying her job at Baskin Robbins and learning to drive. . .
A couple of weeks ago, we had a get-together with some of our neighbors, and really enjoyed getting to know them a little bit better. We invited our whole block to come over, and had about 7 out of 35 or so families actually come. We hope to continue to try to build more of a community feeling here in our neighborhood by simply being more friendly to all of our neighbors. We all have unique situations, likes and dislikes differ, but we have each other in common!
3 comments:
SO MANY THINGS TO COMMENT ON -
LOVE LOVE LOVE the house and the colors!! When do you guys sleep? You are amazing! I love your wall wood thingy. It is really beautiful.
What a great fort! My boys would love that.
What was the accident that left Oreo in the next life? We used to have gerbils - one was evil, the other nice. They both died.
Is Brooke's blogname "Energizer"? If so, way to take a stand on really important issues! You are right on with all of those! You are also very articulate and state your opinion clearly.
Your get together with the neighbors is such an excellent idea!! You are the best!! I cannot imagine how all your neighbors just don't adore you! That is just such an amazing idea! Staci, you just have a way at getting at what is really important and focusing on that. You are a good example and inspire me.
Love, Tif
Thanks for your glowing praise--you're too kind, but I do like to bask once in a while:)
To answer your questions, Tif--yes, Brooke's blog name (as well as her girls' camp name)is Energizer; Oreo's skull was accidentally smushed by one of our kids, who at first didn't realize what happened, but when the rat started bleeding out of her mouth and nose, it became apparent, and the child became hysterical. It wasn't a pretty sight, but we believe she didn't suffer and the child who caused her death is doing much better.
OH ... that is so sad about Oreo. One time my brother ran over my kitten's head on his way to church. I cried all day. Another time my littlest sister, who died when she was 4, when she was about 18 months or so sat on another one of my kittens and killed it, too.
Then there are the two cats I ran over in Santaquin. So, I have a lot of sympathy for your child. I still get a sick feeling just thinking about it.
We also had the neighbor girl that killed our beloved dog ... and smashed the baby robin eggs in the nest in our tree
she's probably in prison by now
Anyway, I just feel like we are bad luck for pets!!
We did have good luck with the owl that roosted on our TV antenna in Santaquin AND we were the ONLY family that winter that didn't get mice. (Bonus!)
I have been meaning to call you this week but Matthew has been especially needy and clingy and I haven't been alone all week. Really, NOT EVER!!! We share a lot more than I care to admit. He is a little bit to be stuck to my right hip and arm ...
Love, Tif
Post a Comment